Wednesday, March 31, 2010

An Intro...Or, How it Began....

Hi. I'm Nova and let me confess straight up that I was born in America - smack in the middle of the country but as a dependent of a military lifer, I moved to more states than your country may even have. I claim Texas, but that's another blog! I have spent the past 12 years living the good life with my husband, Jonno and two gorgeous kids in the Land Down Under. I love Australia so much I became a dual citizen and, of course, had my babies there. Needless to say, when I married an Aussie and moved to the Eastern Beaches, I accepted I would NEVER move back.

We begin the day my Canberra born partner announces we "may" be moving to NY - ok, really this part of the story would be self indulgent and boring to everyone but perhaps me. So, speeding right along: HATED IT! Jonno was excited, the kids were curious, but I was devastated. I had a life! I drove a luxury 7 seater. I had a 5 bedroom house on the cliffs. My kids were in the BEST private schools in the country. I had lunch with the girls (or mums of the Eastern Suburbs, if you like). So after weeks of crying at the drop of a hat and selling all of our personal possessions, I boarded a plane with my other three giddy family members and prayed I would stop crying by the time we passed through L.A.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl with the new blog! Miss you like crazy-- am adding you to my blogroll!
    Kisses to you and all y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great that you now consider yourself an Aussie!! Hope you're settling in, but not too much - we still want you back downunder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry Nova, it's cousin Alison - I realise my user id doesn't really give it away!
    Cheers
    A

    ReplyDelete